Location: Newton, IL
Type of Employment: Internship
Location: Newton Corporate Office Building
Reports to: Accounting Lead
We are looking for an accounting intern with basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles. The accounting intern position will be part time and no more than 1500 hours per year with a path to full time employment. The accounting intern needs to be a motivated team player with a positive attitude who is receptive to feedback and eager to learn. The accounting intern will take part in the day-to-day operations of the accounting department. Under the supervision of the accounting lead, the intern can expect to participate in data entry, analyzing data, financial reports and assist with other accounting activities for four store locations.
Alliance Tractor LLC is a solid, well-established growing company. We employ approximately 130 employees over four locations. The experience and longevity among the current accounting department employees makes a position in Alliance Tractor’s accounting department a career opportunity with room for advancement.
- Shadow members of the accounting department
- Work with accounts receivable, accounts payable and general ledger
- Assist with daily data entry, filing, recording and maintaining accurate financial records
- Handle sensitive and confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Take on accounting projects to learn more about the office operations.
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent with college credits in accounting. Associate or Bachelor’s in Accounting preferred.
- Proficient with computers
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- High level of efficiency, accuracy and responsibility
- Ability to multitask
- Motivated and a desire to take on new challenges
- Understanding or Knowledge of Departmental Accounting, i.e... Sales, Parts, Service
- Knowledge of Agricultural Equipment